Baking has been carried out at 54 Tynte Street almost continuously for over 130 years. The building was erected by baker Diedrich Mahnke in the early 1850s and altered to its present appearance in 1868. The Perryman family took over the bakery in 1925 and the business stayed in the family for 3 generations until it was sold to Kylie and Conor in November 2011.
The Perryman’s based the business on tradition, with many of the items baked using original family German recipes. This tradition now continues, with the same fresh products baked on site daily.